Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hukt on foniks wukt fo me!

I thought my daugter was doing really well with her English, until one minute ago. We were playing this game where she asks me something and I pretend I don't understand. It goes like this:

She: Tete, let's play animal yatzi!
Me: What?
She: I say let's play animal yatzi!
Me: I "said"
She: I "said" let's play animal yatzi!
Me: What's manimal rocky?
She: "Animal Yatzi!"
Me: I don't know how to play kugelis lassie.
She: No, I want to play "Animal Yatzi!"
Me: Well I'd like to play too, but I don't know this minimal matzoh ball game.
She: No, say "Eh"
Me: "Eh"
She: "ri"
Me: "ri"
She: "mo"
Me: "mo"
She: "ya"
Me: "ya"
She: "tzi"
Me: "tzi"
She: Yes!
"Ehrimo Yatzi," that's what you've been saying this whole time?!?! I must have a hearing impediment!

We've been playing Ehrimo Yatzi for about a year and a half now, just about daily. It's her Fireball Island.

No comments: