Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Food

Christmas Eve

 Bagels with some homemade lox cream-cheese and onion bagels from America. 

 This year I decided to make two varieties of Christmas Cod: 
the usual (Elona Vaišnienės recipe), and a spicy version. 

 Shrimp--good, but I think we got the wrong kinda shrimp. 

 Special Lady's crab salad. 

Herring, sour cream, and boiled potatoes. 

Another kind of herring. 

 Two more kinds of herring, for a total of four herring dishes. 

Šližikai


Christmas

The production of the BBQ Bacon Explosion. I was only have to get such a nice weave because of some excellent bacon I was very lucky to get at Druskos Namai, my favorite new restaurant in Vilnius. 


The BBQ Bacon Explosion was excellent.


Home fries on the side. 


BBQ sauce on the side. 

Christmas II

Beef Stir Fry, with some excellent beef. 

I also made some onion rolls to make sandwiches with leftover Explosion, which were great, but not photo worthy. 

As you can see most dishes are made on the first day. On the second day you only need a few more because of all the leftovers, only a couple more on the third. I planned to make a chicken today two, but I barely got to the beef. Chicken is put off until tomorrow. 

No comments: