Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cribbage

Taught #1 to play cribbage last night (she's in 2nd grade now). She was winning for a while, after ridiculous beginners luck--she pegged a run on her first hand during the play ending with 31, when she didn't even know how to play. She had a run of four, A-2-3-4, and a ten was cut yielding an 8 point show for her.

I did throw away a pair into her crib once to allow me to keep a flush, so I could show her what a flush looks like. But there weren't many point I gave her like that, she was really winning. Until I got my double double run, 4-4-5-6-6, for 24.

I ended up one point short of skunking her, 120 to 91.

She kept saying "this game is like math," and I think Tetukas' advice was very good, that it will teach her to add faster, at least up to 31.

1 comment:

Jim Gust said...

If you can add to 31 quickly, you can add anything quickly.

Also, good training for spotting patterns.