Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lazy Kid's Coloring Book

Coloring.com is a website where you can "color" picutres, but not by precise hand movements with a crayon or even a mouse, but rather by using a function akin to the paint bucket in MacPaint: click to fill a space with a color you choose.

I found this site to be really good for my special baby to spend time on with me at work. She's on summer vacation: you might think she'd spend that with her mother who's also on summer vacation, but alas, her mother has relaxing and shopping to do, so she spends much of her days on my colleague's computer. Luckily my colleagues on vacation too.

The reason it's so good is its simplicity. She's never used a computer independently before, and we had some anxiety yesterday trying to get the handle of games as simple as Grab It, which uses only the left and right arrow keys. It was too frustrating for her to learn at three years old and me to explain over and over again at 27: frustrating because she understood the concept of the game completely, just couldn't master the use of the arrow keys. The only problem she has now is getting even lazier and painting everything the same color. I like it enough that I signed her up for an account so that she can save her pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That colouring site is AWESOME!